Monday, July 17, 2006

Wow
It's a very, very small world
Nate was walking home last night from the coffeeshop, and he ran into an old student from the Land. There were two Chris's there at the time, so he was known as French Chris. The other Chris had long hair, so, our creativity was put to test and he ended up as, can you guess! Long hair Chris. I called for him once at the flat, to see if he had been sighted and the person who answered thought I was crazy. The whole time I've been a part of this ministry we've had a hilarious lack of creativity at naming things. The Land. The House. The Flat. The Big House. The Arcata House. The blue car. The red van. I love it.

I've never met a more creative, smart, talented, outstanding group of people as I've met in Prodigal Project. It's funny that we all share the simplicity in naming things and people.
We tried to name the houses in Arcata (we had three)-I think by the fruits of the spirit. I can't remember how quick that idea died.
I miss all of you so much it hurts. Remember the long rambling staff meetings we'd have in Arcata? Good times

5 comments:

devon said...

Those were the days. And i would relive them EXACTLY as they were, i miss all that so much i could weep. Now things are good and we are all happy for sure, in different more responsible and demanding kind of lives. Those days had a real carefree feel to 'em. Hopefully we will all be together on some property each with our own space (i almost said house, but lets be creative here, more likely a yurt, dome, hobbit hole in a hill, etc). Santa Cruz beckons.... Until then, at least we have the internet! Be sure and tell Chris to come see us if hes in Sac.

1weirdgirl said...

i don't think it was the fruits of the spirit so much as trying to mesh christian words with the name of the street it was on...
like the G st house (which it was named before) it became "the glory house", and the one on speir st was "the spirit house"...
but can any one tell me how the third one got the name as "the trinity house" or did i just answer my own question?

Elena said...

We were renting from 'trinity' baptist church.

Rae said...

Wow, thanks for reminding me. I totally forgot about that. We're going to try to do it again at the Land. Maybe I should hold a contest on my blog or something, for naming cabins.

1weirdgirl said...

i should've known it was a little more obvious... how funny... good times.