Thursday, June 07, 2007

Breakups are HARD

but that's life, i guess. One breakup after another. My mind has been dwelling on this for a few weeks now. I was working out and listening to my music mix and madison greene came on. That band was so special to me, so incredibly precious, that when they broke up, my heart broke, too. I lived with them, traveled with them, rocked out to their music night after night for months. God really anointed their music with harmony and infectious joy. "all good things come to an end" So trite, but so true. I have come up with so many reasons why this is true. Situations in our life sometimes seem to mirror heaven, don't they? But we're not in heaven. We're not supposed to be totally comfortable here. We're not home yet. And I think that when those special times come along, it's just to awaken more and more that hunger for heaven that is in every one of us. Take prodigal project, for instance. When the ministry was busting at it's seams. Instead of me moaning because that all ended, i should be grateful i ever experienced it, and that it went on as long as it did. The only reason it was so awesome was because for a short while, we experienced a glimpse of heaven through it. Pure, breathtaking community.
why am i so geared to hang on to the past? I pray that my heartaches will live in my mind as beautiful memories, and lose their sting of loss. I am so desperate to glean every ounce of good out of every day now, because i know now how quickly this wave of life is carrying me.

2 comments:

Rebeca said...

Good point Sara- why do we hang on to the past instead of clinging to the future? I think in the last year I've been given more of a longing for heaven due to the trials I've been through. I love your perspective of the good times giving you that glimpse of heaven. Bless you!

Anonymous said...

Pure, breathtaking community