Wednesday, June 07, 2006

In one week:
My landlord died an awful death- he had a heart attack while driving his motorcycle,
I found out one of my friends is getting divorced
And, another person I knew years ago just died-her mom shot her in the head.

Now, obviously, all these things are not as intense for me as, for example, my landlords wife, or the person that is divorcing, or the people that were still close to Lisa, but I'm still pretty shook up. eternity has once again invaded my head space and brought a lot of convicting questions. Am I honoring and loving my husband as much as I possibly can? My children? The friends in my life? God? Am I wasting time, money, gifts, opportunities, etc? Nathan and I got in an awful fight the night before our landlord died, almost the worse fight ever, we didn't talk for hours. And it was very petty. A very wise friend summed it up lately this way- "I don't jsut have time for that anymore" And she's right. A married woman in ministry with three children doesn't have time for anything that's not vital. I'm shocked I even have time for this. I actually don't-my house is a mess but I've been dying to write.

So, I have 2 prayer requests-for two very precious girls. First-Ana. I met her last summer, and she seemed on the verge of diving into the whole Indian/spiritual thing. She decided to go to India last November and my fervant prayer for her was that she'd be horribly disillusioned and come back KNOWING it was bunk. Well, that prayer was answered for about 4-5 months. Then, she was wandering in the woods one day (she was traveling alone) and she was asking out loud "I'm in India, where's Krishna, where's Krishna?" She found an ashram (temple) a few minutes later, met the "spiritual master" and fell in love. She's planning on going back there. He's 10 years older.
I am very worried for her-she is still very innocent and has some naivete'-very romantic about the nature of the world. Please pray for her salvation, that God would use me to touch her life and plant some seeds.

Number 2-Mama Love.
Very sweet traveler I met at the coffeehouse-her and her boyfriend come every week. She's pregnant, and due in 4 months. Pray for her and his salvation. God's already blessed me with the beginnings of a real friendship with her.

And a prayer request for us-we have the money to move, praise God! now we just need a place! We're checking out a few places, pray that we will know which ones to pursue, and that it'll be perfect for outreach-we don't want to move again! Or move til it's perfect.
I miss all of you

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Those are really intense things. Even just one at a time, let alone at the same time. I will be praying for you and those you mentioned. I love you!

devon said...

Sammy saw your picture and keep saying 'i wanna go see'. Me too! And after this craziness all around you. i'll be with ya on the prayer tip along the lines you've specified.

Lisa said...

If you want to hear some good news, we have some. The kind of news I know you like to hear.