Monday, October 23, 2006

6 MONTHS

Wow. my baby is 6 months old. Last friday on october 20. I wanted to do something special so i took the girls to the butterfly grove. Every year Monarch Butterflies migrate and every year they come to this one eucalyptus grove at a state park called Natural Bridges. There's thousands of butterflies. Very cool. I thought Isabella and Hannah would be thrilled. I was so wrong. They couldn't have cared less. I took them to the little museum/gift shop after, and they had a ball. The highlight for me was when they walked up to a display case containing ONE dead butterfly, and went bonkers with excitement. LOOK MOM! A BUTTERFLY! Already catalouged in my "funny, inexplicable things my kids have done" mental file cabinet.
Isabella is getting so big and she surprises me every day with how intricate and deep her mind is. I am the mom of a almost kindergardner, someone i can hold conversations with and explain things too. She's getting so independant.
Hannah is my anxious little helper. I want to pick some verses out and print them out and hang them up, just for reminders, and so as I was reading my bible this morning she was sitting on the table, holding my pen, ready to hand it to me.
She is quite the little comedian too.
Abigail is my chill little momma's girl. Everythings all good as long as i'm holding her. I keep waiting for Nathan to be able to watch her for longer than 10 minutes without her freaking out, but she just wants me. She's staying little so much longer than my other two, i can hardly believe she's 6 months old. She is just now fitting 3-6 months well.

Motherhood is so wonderful when i am living for my kids.

2 comments:

Rebeca said...

Lovely little family! Enjoy them.
Rebeca

devon said...

Sounds funny and beautiful, wish i was around you guys to hear the funny things they say, to see them get bigger, or stay small. Miss you.