Thursday, September 03, 2009

Birth

I became a doula originally because I love babies. Over time, well still doing it for my love of children, my focus had broadened. I love mothers. Watching a women find her strength and motherhood in the midst of a birth is why I am a doula, now. If I can be any help at all to support a women transforming into a mother of one, or two, or five, well, I feel like I am doing what I was born and created to do. One day, Lord willing,I will be able to do that full time. For now, I feel like I am turning my daughters into doula's. In a spiritual sense, because a doula is basically a servant, a mother to mothers, someone who helps in the birthing process. And there are all sorts of births, all over the world. Spiritual birth, ministry birth, physical birth. I am honored to be a doula in the literal and spiritual sense.

1 comments:

Rebeca said...

This is wonderful, Sara!