Monday, November 06, 2006

I'm so sad today. Last week was pretty devastating. I am being harshly judged and criticized for something I did last week, something i felt was absolutely right at the time. And the more I think about it, the more right and correct my action looks to me. And the worse the actions the main person involved took looks to me. When I think of all the ramifications involved in her action, I'm appalled that anyone could think I am in the wrong. But there it is. It makes me wonder just how much love the two people involved really had for me. I'm all for freedom to disagree, but to cut someone out of your life because they won't repent for something they don't even feel convicted for, that's horrifying. I always wondered how church splits could happen, over the most trivial seeming issues. Well, now I know. Lack of repentance, stubbornness, and prejudice, to name just a few that have been arrayed against me. I'm supposed to go to coffeehouse tonight, to do ministry, and I have no idea whether it's right for me to go or not. There should be unity, right? How can you witness about the love and peace of Jesus when two of the christians there don't want anything to do with you anymore? Avoid them? Pretend their not there? What a joke.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so I don't kow you, but I feel like I should tell you a few things my pastor has said lately (we're doing a series on connectedness, so it fits nicely).

*If you're in the right, you don't need a defense, and if you're in the wrong, you don't have one.

*BUT, this is such a thing as righteous anger!

*And finally, reconciliation is not an absence of conflict born from an absence of contact. Remember, "If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone". So long as you're doing what you can, you have to let God do the rest!