Monday, April 03, 2006

Wow

so, i just got a call from my friend Julia. She's a pretty new friend, i just met her a month or so ago at coffeehouse. She's another volunteer. Anyways, she worked out a plan where she's gonna borrow her friends truck and lend me her car til we get a new one. She's dropping it off tonite. I'm really blown away. I felt bad enough asking people for rides places-I would never ever dream of asking someone if I could borrow their car. Today was an especially hard day, too. The baby is super low and i've been having contractions. It was a hard day because I really started to think I was going to go into labor without a car here. I was prepping for delivering the baby by myself. The cool thing is how I was handling it. I kept a tight rein on myself and just prayed alot. I refused to freak out and willed my heart to be thankful. And I sincerely asked God for a car and then just left it at that. I figured He knows my needs. My prayer was specific, too-I asked for one today. I didn't expect that-but look how much I know!
I am really surprised to find that I do have friends down here. I was feeling like such a burden. My friend Liz has offered her time twice now to just take me to run errands. And she actually had fun helping me. And she loves my kids and thinks their great. That means alot, when you're hurting and need help, to have someone who wants to help and doesn't think you're a drag.
I had a really sweet experience this morning with Bella. After Nate went to work, I was super lonely so I took Bella out of her bed and put her in ours, then cuddled with her for a few hours. It was so sweet. That I am blessed enough to be able to lay down with my daughter and just cuddle her in the morning. I am so blessed that I am free to make them number 1.
Thanks to anyone who has been praying for us.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

praise God! He takes such good care of His kids. After reading "Rainbows and Sparkles" I've been waiting to hear what God would do. It's good to know that there are some sweet friends there too.

Elena said...

name it and claim it sista!

1weirdgirl said...

praise Him!!! that's so amazing... when is God not right?
i was gettin a little worried for you so close to due date, without a car...especially with the diabetes and all... i'll keep prayin for you... this is such good news...