Friday, February 17, 2006

Answered Prayer Hidden Blessing

i'm really excited about this diabetes thing. This hasn't been the healthiest pregnancy for me. Many times, I've gone for the box of kraft mac and cheese instead of cooking a chicken breast or eating some vegetables. I didn't make enough time to take care of myself. But I have no choice now. If I can't get my blood sugar numbers normal in the next two weeks, bye bye home birth, and hello to more health risks- for me and the baby. It's forcing me to make choices I already wanted to make-but have been to lazy to do. For example-no sweets, AT ALL. Not even ketchup. I have lacked the willpower this pregnancy to be strict about what I eat, and to really pay attention to my protein, veggie, fruit, carb intake. But now I have to stick to very strict guidelines about even the timing of when I eat. I haven't had any sugar today, and I already feel so much better. So many problems I was having that I just attributed to being pregnant for the third time is actually linked to gestational diabetes. I was so much less tired today.
This is definately a blessing.

1 comments:

persimmony said...

bummer, sorry to hear the results. guess we won't be making any more sugar cookies any time soon :0(
i'm glad to hear you are taking it as a blessing, though!
-christy