Wednesday, February 15, 2006


Nathan

It's amazing what a comfort and relief marriage is. Yesterday, I was having a wretched day. But as soon as I heard Nathan's voice as he was walking up to the side of the van (i pick him up from the bus stop every day) so much tension just flowed away. I have something so valuable and incredible, most of the world spends most of their life hunting for it- and not very many succeed, if the divorce rates are to be believed.
I am spending my life with my absolute number 1 best friend of all time. But isn't it strange that it's only possible to have the kind of marriage we do have becuase we don't put each other first? We never have. Jesus is first in out hearts and it's because of that committment that we can have a healthy beautiful marriage.

Just being around Nathan makes everything better and seem easier. Hard things become laughable. I've never met anyone who can make me laugh the way he does. And he knows me in a way no human has ever known me-he's seen me at my absolute worse-physically and emotionally. And he still loves me. That's a supernatural gift from God, let me tell you, cuz my worse is BAD.
We're celebrating our 5th anniversary the end of April. I'm just honored and blown away again, that a man like Nathan loves me, and that after 5 years, after KNOWING me for 5 years, he would marry me all over again.

1 comments:

julie said...

Praise God for your marriage. It's so wonderful to hear of others who feel God has truly matched them and given them the strength to run the race. Having a friend to do it with is awesome. Thank you for your testimony and your love for your husband.
Julie