Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Baby Abigail?????

I had an ultrasound today-I've been having some weirdness going on and I wanted to make sure everything was ok. The machine was old, the screen was small, and my littlest baby did her best to hide. We think we caught her, but she might actually turn out to be a he. So I'm back where I wanted to be-clueless. At least about whether the prize fighter in my belly is Abigail or Yehoshua. The doctor was pretty sure she was a girl- but one couple she told that to (the dad was a hardcore marine and this was their first baby) painted the room pink with a border of bows and got all pink clothing and blankets, and after a loooooooooooooooong labor, out popped a 9 and a half pound boy.
Or, my dear friend Star, who had three ultrasounds, at each one she was told the baby was a boy, and oops, out comes Maryam.
We're kinda sick of just saying "the baby" all the time, so this morning we were trying to think of gender neutral names we could say til the baby is born. I hate how alot of people refer to an unborn baby as "it". Nathan really liked the name "Pat" as in the Saturday night Pat (he was joking, of course), but oh gosh, GROSS!!!! I don't want to think of my baby in connection with that. T.B (the baby) sounds too much like a sickness, and anything else i can think of is too girly.
We got some really cute pictures. One of them is a face shot and the baby smushed up her/his lips in a kissy face pose.
God is so good to our little family. Actually, not so little anymore!
We're past the point of replacing ourselves.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

how 'bout Jean? or Terry? or Toni? those probably wouldn't work either. I liked the initials idea, maybe L.B. - little baby?
but, speaking of gross...I can hardly look at your previous post! Out here, even nose rings are few and far between.

Anonymous said...

hey sara...long time eh?...i recently got into this whole blog thing and really enjoy reading yours...your girls are getting so big!! and they're both sooo beautiful!!! you really are blessed...anyway i started one myself, a blog that is...feel free to check it out...
as for the nuetral name thing, we called adora wiggles when she was in uetero, and this one is pokey...or adora calls my belly bee bee...or just bee...its pretty cute...anyway i too am experiencing an unreliable ultrasound prediction that will just have to wait to be revealed...fun stuff... i really wanted to know this time...oh well...i could just picture the marine guy, , it made me laugh...that's why even though they think its a girl, im holding out...she sounded pretty unsure... anyway i love you and hope all is well, i think you can just click on my name to find my blog...id love to hear from you...when are you due? me, anyday now i guess..