Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Attack

Life seems very heavy lately. For both me and Nate. We're back in the "drag". You know, one it seems like your whole life revolves with maintaining. Just to sustain our life here, he has to work 6 days a week at a job he enjoys, thank God, but in the long run is meaningless. How do the majority of poeple in the world live like this for 20, 30, 40 years? A very wise friend (if you're reading this, Rae, I'm talking about you!!) told me that if you look at every thing in your life in terms of seasons (asd in, this isn't going to last forever) anything is bearable. Maybe, even enjoyable. I know part of the reason I'm feeling so worn thin is that I'm pregnant. It just makes the mood swings i already deal with more intense. Poor Nate, his whole life is supporting us. At least I get to be around the kids, and go out and try to minister.

This little baby is killing me. She already feels like she weighs ten pounds. And I have two months left!!!!!!!!! I think about the women i know with 5 or more kids and I shake my head and marvel. I will die if I get pregnant again. I'll die. There's nothing left to give, physically. I'm so grateful for my kids, though-and the ease i had (at least) in GETTING pregnant. I'm skeptical about the baby being a girl. Hopeful, but skeptical. This baby is such an explorer. I really want to be done with having kids. I want to pour myself into the ones I have. I'm so ready to have this baby. I already ordered and received the birth supplies i needed to get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gosh, it's crazy how slow the time seems to be going huh?...it's funny though cuz i know it will be a lot of work once i have the baby, but i too can't wait...i try to remind myself to enjoy the reletive quiet and the sleep that i do get while i have it, but i really just don't want to be pregnant anymore...and of course i want to meet the little rolly polly...hang in there girl, at least you know it's worth it...

Rebeca said...

Hey Sara,
It sounds like you two are experiencing the effects of the curse on this world, and on man and woman. I was lying in bed praying for you this morning. Those last months of pregnancy are hard, but "this too shall pass". There'a a verse that says something like "As your days, so shall your strength be". I pray that God will give you strength as you need it, to keep on running the race and not to lose heart. And every blessing on you, your husband and family.
Love,
Rebeca