Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Why am I crazy?

I think my craziness is 60% hormones, 20% sin, 10 percent lack of sleep and coffee, 7 percent manufactured stress, and 3 percent real stress. I don't want to blame it ALL on hormones, even though it's tempting. Seriously though, i feel nuts. I swing back and forth between mood extremes all day long. I get soooooo depressed, then incredibly elated. It probably doesn't help that I haven't been getting to sleep til between 3 and 5 in the morning, because my kids are sick. And I'm so sick of the rain and cold. I should have factored lack of sun into that equation.
I've been reading Laura Ingalls book "The Long Winter" Now, there's a real hard time. They had to twist hay into sticks every day all day long just to keep from freezing-they weren't even warm. And they took turns grinding wheat by hand in a coffee mill, just to have enough bread for each meal. And thats all they had. I'm upset because I have to eat every 2 hours-and I have the food to eat.
Discontent is poisonous. And it's like yeast. It spreads and grows and feeds off anything sweet. I pray for contentment.

0 comments: