Sunday, February 26, 2006

Tunnel Vision

I realize I suffer from this ailment. I can be doing great, sailing along, feeling content and capable and happy, and then I have ONE DAY where I'm depressed or upset and all memory of the happy time flees my mind. And I think I've been depressed for days.
Alot of times, all i can see of myself and my life is right in that moment. Just like I'm in a tunnel. God used a funny strange way to break me out of my last tunnel. I had two very strange dreams. I was really worried about provision. We've had to get fronted money every month from Nate's boss just to pay the next months rent, and now with this diabetes thing, I have to eat really well, which is more expensive. And our car is breaking. Anyway, I had a simple dream about a random lady giving us her car.
I woke up feeling so refreshed. It put a hope back in me that had been slipping away-that God can provide anywhere, anytime, through anyone. That I just have to chill out and trust. He doesn't want me worrying. He wants me happy. It's so easy to look ahead, to when the things we have run out. But right now, in this moment, we have everything we need. It's no use looking to the day when our car finally breaks. Right now, we have a car.
I had another deam a few day later, a very strange one. In my dream, I accidently discovered a bunch of classified secrets. The cia found out and took me and my family away to the mountains, to lock us up. They payed for everything-we didn't have to take care of ourselves at all. This dream carried so much peace with it. I woke up feeling even better. The subject of the dreams didn't matter-God injected them with so much peace and hope and confidence, that I feel that I am out of the wrong tunnel, and in the right one. It's good to have the kind of tunnel vision that takes no thought of food, drink, shelter, but rests securely and completely in the arms of God. The kind of tunnel vision that is obedient to the words of Jesus.

0 comments: