Monday, December 12, 2005

Fairy Tale

I can remember back to before I knew Jesus. It's hazy, and rather difficult, almost unreal, but I can remember. What I recall the most is The Search. I wasn't really sure what I was looking for, but nevertheless I was driven to find it. Terribly driven. I left home at 12, and started traveling around the country with various people (not my parents.) I tried so many things. I looked for my salvation in this world. I dreamed of my soulmate, and tried desperately to find him. I thought that was the answer to my pain, my emptiness, my lonliness even when I was in a room full of friends. Little did I know there was One closer than any brother,standing near. And that my soulmate was not a he, but a He. There's a song by 100 portraits that sings about the fairy tale coming true, about the prince actually coming. And He has. He has come into my life. It's strange that in this world, nothing ever turns out right. If things start out good, they get bad. But thats not so with the things of God, with God. Everything gets better as time wears on. Isn't it amazing that the stories are true, that we do have a knight in shining armor. I am blown away by the fact that there is someone inherently and eternally good in this world. That He has no turning. That He loves US. A few years back, a friend looked me in the eyes and said, "sara, one day we'll be in HEAVEN." And once again it blew my mind (God does that alot) that the Lord would want to shower us with absolute bliss for eternity.
I have a wonderful family. I can see love glow in my childrens eyes when I look at them. I have a romantic husband who loves me to distraction. And I love him to distraction. He's my best friend, and i don't think I could get any closer to him if I tried. But if there's one thing steady in both our hearts, and something we hope to impart to our children, is that the Lord is our husband, the Glorious Love of our life. And that's so wonderful. It makes our marriage healthy and strong. Sometimes we listen to the love songs on the radio and i get so sad. They sing of a love that is unattainable by human standards. Love that is pure, eternal, all-encompassing, and unconditional. One song in particular always catches me. A few of the lines go like this "I don't care who you are, what you've done, where you're from, as long as you love me." ??????!! Human love is based on knowledge. When I was searching still, for Jesus, i was drawn to these songs. Yes, I admit, I loved some backstreet boys and N-sync songs. The passion of some of the songs, the longing, drew me. It echoed the cry of my heart.
But we can sing now of the fulfillment of our hearts- the finding of Love, Himself.

He brought me to His banqueting table

And His banner over me is Love

0 comments: