Saturday, December 24, 2005

Oh Man

this has been the weirdest week. I woke up Monday, having gone to bed perfectly fine, with a throat that felt like someone had rubbed nails across it and with my voice changed to that of an 80 year old smoker. And I'm still sick. It's saturday, and i'm still sick! That's what's really weird-i'm never sick this long. The darn thing keeps changing form on me and attacking different parts of my body. All that to say that everything seems so much harder and sadder when I'm sick. Nathan works six days a week, and is gone for 11 hours. I really really miss him. What was I thinking when i thought the Land was hard? I had my Nathan right there with me all the time. So all week i've been looking forward to today, christmas eve. Last night when he came home he told me he had to work right when he walked in the door. It was so sad. I just couldn't stop crying. That was my christmas present, to have Nathan home for two full days. He thought the store would be closed so he didn't ask, and his boss automatically thought he was working, so he told everyone the store was open. I just hope he gets off at two!!!!!
I also got a call from my midwife this morning and she told me I have active group B strep. It's easily treated with antibiotics, but since I guess I am a carrier normally, (I didn't test positive for it my other two pregnancies) that makes having a baby at home a little more scary. They will give me antibiotics during labor if I want, so that's reassuring. But through this minor problem (minor for now) I found out from the pharmacy that my insurance has been terminated. Now for those of you who haven't dealt with Medi-cal, this can be a nightmare. I'm praying everything will work out smoothly.
It's funny, all week I've been looking forward to this day as a day of absolute bliss. Ouch.

0 comments: