Friday, November 25, 2005

BUBBLEWRAP

I want to sew pillows to my kids clothes, wrap them in bubble wrap head to toe and make them wear helmuts. Oh god what a day. We were at our neighbors and Bella, my little princess, slipped with her hands full and fell face-first into a glass table. The glass didn't break, but i thought her nose did. When I got her home she was so inconsolable and almost mindless with pain and there was so much blood everywhere that I thought she was dying. All those stupid kung-fu movies I've seen where the guy dies with a blow to the nose that shoves the bone into the brain. A life without Isabella played out before my mind and it was horrifying. Full of heartbreak and craziness and unendurable pain. We rushed her to the hospital, Nathan met us halfway, and she slowly got better. I was so hysterical, I think that really scared her, and being around Nathan brought back calm and strength.
She's such a brave little girl. I try so hard to protect my kids, to remove any dangers from around them. But anything can be dangerous. What am I supposed to do? Stop them from running? Playing with other kids? Going to see the cows? I don't know how anyone can be a parent without God and not go absolutely crazy insane with fear and worry. But she's fine. Nothing, so far, thank God, has ever happened that had given long-lasting or permanent damage. She is so precious to me, my little strawberry muffin. We had to up the consolation prize this time- she got a whole lot of popsicles.

0 comments: