Saturday, November 05, 2005



PEACE

So, we moved 6 hours from the redwoods-to the redwoods! We had a brief sojourn in the city, and now we're back in the woods. I love it here. I love watching my kids love it here. I took them across the "street" today to some land our landlord caretakes. The only inhabitants are 4 big, patient black cows. The girls get to bring them apples and feed them. Once the apples run out, Bella collects flowers and grass to feed them. On the walk down there's a green pond ringed by huge trees and fed by natural springs. When you get down to where the cows are, there's a huge field next to their pen, dotted with apple trees. The peace today took my breath away. The light filters through the woods and the meadow is sunny and warm with a gentle breeze. I remember when i was a little girl, i loved going into the country. I'm so thankful that i can watch my two girls live there! It's so good to just take some time with them everyday and just focus completely on enjoying them and watching them have fun.

0 comments: