Friday, March 17, 2006

I think this little baby is more contrary then me! The other day she moved once in 8 hours. I was getting rather concerned, so I went in for a non-stress test. The exact second they strapped the monitor on, she started moving like crazy, and had an absolutely perfect non-stress test. And she moved like normal the rest of the day.
Crazy baby. I really want to meet her. I'm getting all those mushy warm melty newborn baby feelings, like the kind you get when you first hold a new baby in your arms. I'm 34 weeks and counting down every hour. Kind of an exhausting way to live, especially if you're 6 weeks from your due date. I can't believe it's already the middle of march. I will definately have her in my arms next month!
Nathan and I actually went on a date last night. It was only an hour and a half long, but any time alone is a miracle. It was so weird driving to get him without my little ones in the back. And being able to get out of the car without my two little sidekicks. It was kinda of a bummer though, (and a blessing too), we got waylaid by a homeless guy that really wanted to talk, so half our date was witnessing to him.
But oh what a relief to just feel like a normal adult with no responsibilities for an hour. Usually the only time we go out is to do ministry, go to the doctor or run errands, and that can wear you down.
I wouldn't want to be away from my children for more than an hour, but every 6 months or so it's really neccesary. It totally felt like an adventure. It's actually been 9 months since we had a date last. The penalty of living far, far away from any grandparents, I guess.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

what's a d-a-t-e?

Rae said...

one time chinua and i went on a date on polk street and the whole time this guy from mississippi who really felt out of place in san francisco talked to us about how he missed mississippi and how he played on the highschool football team. he talked and talked.